Saturday, November 12, 2011

SEO and Search History Infographic



This infographic helps tell a very concise story up to the early part of 2011 and a nice way to present the information. I still run across many folks who still believe that having the right meta tags will get you ranking on the first page. I've referred to this many times to explain the evolution from the late 1990's (when I first started learning about optimization) to how much this has changed.

Over time, I expect that domain-level link authority becomes more dominant in the share to search. This carries over from the initial page rank days when link juice was passed between different websites. This is still a key signal, but more and more authority = credibility and credible links are worth much more thank pure linking.

The only error I found in that pie chart at the end was repeating Page-level, Keyword Usage twice. Not sure if that was intended.



No comments:

Post a Comment