Friday, January 13, 2012

Where Are My Peeps!

Does this look familiar? It's incredibly unfamiliar to me, but today I had to introduce myself to the goose egg. Yes, this is a drawing of a goose egg and out of my whole career it's the first time that I got one of these on my Adwords conversions. 0 today. Nada! It definitely takes a big blow to the ego since I can't recall any previous days like this.

I spent close to 2 hours diagnosing the issue like House would do. Let's check the list.

  • Impressions were in the hundreds of thousands so the ads are showing. 
  • Budget is still below the daily limits so we're ok there.
  • Ad positions weren't completely buried on the 2nd or 3rd pages so the average positions were decent.
  • Click activity was super low....Aha! The House moment.
So why would click activity be so low? Now that I'm at my sixth day at the new gig, I should've had some pretty good ads and landing pages. I read the ads again. They really stank. It had all the usual buzzwords but nothing that would make my peeps (IT Ops people) even blink. Add that to the fact that there's a 3 day weekend around the corner and my company is still in stealth mode so there's very little information out there and I get a goose egg. I guess if a tree falls in the forest and we're all in the city, no one gives a sh*t.

Next week I have to turn that goose egg into a hatchling.

No comments:

Post a Comment